Here are some progress shots of the belt. I still need paint it, sand the buckle and make other adjustments, but I think it’s coming along nicely and it only cost me like $20.00… 🙂
Let me know what you think!
Some more updates with my Hawke armor. If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to post a comment!
This is the chainmail for the left arm, pretty much finished (minus some painting to distress it)
Then I made a template out of craft foam for the belt to make sure I had all the measurements right.
I was thinking about making the belt out of actually leather, but that can get kind of pricey. So I decided to try and cheaper option first and see if I liked it. I figured if I hated it I could always fork over the extra money for the fancy leather…. I basically perfected my foam template and then covered it with fake leather, which I will later paint to make it look more realistic.
Not too shabby for someone who can barely sew patches in her clothes! 😉